tonight i am leaving the kids and the mr. at home. i am heading to visit with some friends from HS. i am more excited about this than my reunion, as I imagine it will be more quiet and we'll be able to visit a little easier. will post pics tomorrow!
also, read and LOVED American Wife. I must say that it was difficult not to pic GW and Laura (upon whom it is based), but Sittenfeld's narrative was engaging and kept me reading. Would love to know how close she is to understanding the real Laura Bush's mind. I suspect that Mrs. Bush is not that deep, nor engaged, but I could be wrong. Un fortunately, that is something we will probably never know. As far as novels go, this was a first-rate story and the best of the three works by this author!
No comments:
Post a Comment