so excited! i have so many books awaiting me :) the pic is just some of the many titles that i have read during break, or I am getting ready to read. here they are, in case you want to dive in and read them, too. I'll blog further about notable ones, when I finish....
- go ask alice: not only content that will make your hair curl, but writing so poor, it is laughable. read in advance of 13 YO K. to see if humanities teacher made a good rec. for her. uh, nope!
-Wishful Drinking: Carrie Fisher. This one gets mixed reviews because it is really a series of anecdotes, but I loved it. I found it brave, honest and intriguing.
-The Other: Guterson. From the author of Snow Falling on Cedars. A bit slow, but beautifully written reflections on friendship and love. Found many lines to add to my quote book.
-American Wife: Sittenfeld. Did not enjoy her first two books, but I am giving her another chance!
-A Short History of Nearly Everything: under the christmas tree to help me expand my mind. i will get to it, i swear!
-Dear American Airlines: J. miles. Currently reading this. i am enjoying the unfolding story and am suffering right along with his frustration.
-Loving Frank: Horan. Missed this when it was hardback (or waited?).
-Skeletons At the Feast: Bohjalian. One of my favorite authors. The book I am most looking forward to.
-America, America: Canin. Picked this at rec'd from Barnes and Noble.
-Mrs. Astor Regrets: under the tree to feed my desire to swap between "good" literature and gossipy literature!
-Twilight: picked it up for $4. Daughter has read them all, so i must give in and see what the fuss is.
So, there you have it! of course, this will need to be supplemented by weekly trips to the library!
No comments:
Post a Comment