Sunday, February 11, 2007

Three Day Weekend

One of the perks of being a teacher: three day weekends...Don't get me started on the whole "teachers are lucky- they get the whole summer off" thing. Truth be told, on my day off, I will be grading three or four different assignments, writing curriculum for science (on Dolphins, no less) and putting together the class' science fair project board. You don't even want to know the amount of school work I do during the summer in order to prepare- I know- BLAH-BLAH-BLAH...

Hopefully, I will be posting new pictures of C. this week, too. I'll try to get some here and some on FLICKR. She is sitting up, when you put her there and her tummy troubles seem better. Still, we are up at 2 am most every night.

Joe is off making a video on the Bill of Rights and the concept of double jeopardy- something involving fake blood!

I logged 6 miles this week- so that is a big plus for me! 3rd grade is doing a 5k (Karen and I) and a half-marathon (everyone else), so we are in training. You have to admit, working with people you have fun with is just about the best thing in the world!

One of the best things I have been able to do lately is listen to my friend Marcy on KGO AM radio. She has been doing fill in spots on Sunday mornings and she has just been fantastic. I love Marcy and I love talk radio, so two of my favorites are in one place! The station comes from SF - huge market- and I can listen on line...I'll keep you updated here on when she fills in... here is a link to the station : www.kgoam810.com

No comments: