managed to do 10 miles this week- all by my lonesome! It took me just under two hours, so I am hopeful that I'll be able to do the half in just under three, but we will see. the kids are amazed that I have run nealry 250 miles in order to be able to run 13.1 successfully on Sunday.
this is my early b-day present and it has been quite a journey. i started it because i wanted to prove to myself that i could finish something i started, and to lose weight. well- one goal down(i am finishing) and one to go(have not lost a single ounce). i find great humor in the fact that i qualify for the CLYDESDALE division! Just call me Bessie! I think the absolute best things that have come out of this 20 week journey are: the clothes (comfy and cute), getting to a place where I can actually run without thinking about it, becoming familiar with products like BODY GLIDE
...and most especially: getting to know my running buddy Kathleen on a whole new level. If you ever want to find out how great a person is, run long distances with them. you can't imagine how great it is to have someone who is not competing with you, but rather inspiring you, pushing you and rooting for you. besides, even when I'm slow, she sticks with me, what more can gal ask for??
No comments:
Post a Comment