Monday, August 13, 2007

HP# 7

well, i finished it yesterday morning and I can't believe it is all over. I feel like so many fans who have had to say good-bye- we knew the 7th book was coming, we always knew there would be 7, and yet it is hard not to have another to look forward to.

Don't worry, I am not going to give anything away! J, K and I meet in a quiet corner to discuss our reactions, so as not to ruin it for Joe.

I will say that i am pleased that, once again, JK Rowling returns to her orginal premise that love is a saving and protecting power. this idea has always been the core of these books and the singular idea my kids and I took away from them. (That is why I marvel at people who won't let their kids read them: parental love as eternal protection and guidance is a great lesson for kids)...

"Tell me one last thing," said Harry. "Is this real? Or has this been
happening inside my head?"
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should
that mean that it is not real?"

No comments: