Saturday, May 12, 2007

Week One

You might have noticed a new list on the side labeled "mileage"- and since I am pretty much the only person who reads this, I'll say, "Why, yes, I did notice that! What is that about??"

I am committing to doing a half-marathon in October in Long Beach, and the numbers in the column tell me how often I got off up my backside and got busy.

So, not a bad week. Here's what I've learned-
  • Kathleen is the best support system you can have because even if I told her it took me two hours to go a mile she would still tell me, "Right, on- at least you got out there". I love her and I love the book she gave to me that is just friggin' awesome.
  • Like the book says, tell everyone, because then you won't wimp out.
  • Shorter strides lead to less pain.
  • C. is a great bodyguard and companion at 5:30am.
  • Stopping to cross the street sucks.
  • Madonna has a true purpose...

No comments: