Continuing my theme from yesterday...
Unity '08 is a grassroots movement you might have heard about, if you watch political talk shows. Their goal is to draft a bipartisan presidential ticket for '08, via a web convention. It seems that political dialog has become so divisive that there is no longer room for intelligent debate of the issues: eg- if you disagree with Pres. Bush you must be a flaming liberal, unAmerican, or pro-terrorist... What happened to legitimate discussion of the issues and the demand that all citizens play an active role in their government? Doesn't Democracy presuppose that the people represented stand up and be heard? I believe it is time we take the government back from an administration that has removed our civil liberties while we have blandly looked on. There are so many important things to be debated and problems to be addressed!
I thought Unity '08 was a creative solution to a serious problem in this country: the corrupting influence of $$, corporations and lobbyists on our political system. I give them credit for attempting to do something!
No comments:
Post a Comment