...This was her life. Not the life she had once dreamed of, not a
life her younger self would ever have imagined or desired, but the life she
was
living, with all its complexities. This was her life, built with
care and
attention, and it was good.
She shut her purse,
then. She climbed the steps. She pushed
the back door open and went
home.This is an intersting and thought provoking novel. I really enjoyed the
way the author took great care with the language. I think that is what
appeals to me most in a novel- beautiful, accessible language. This story
is a difficult one- an impossible situation and hard to have sympathy for with
modern eyes. I had a really difficult time accepting the main male
character- responsible for so much hurt. Still a satisfying read and an
intriguing story.
Monday, November 06, 2006
The Memory Keeper's Daughter by KimEdwards
No comments:
Post a Comment